Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

English Majors Don’t Cry


(A forewarning before you continue: this post may be a little corny.) 

The past week has been a trying one, filled with floods of emotions. 
“English majors don’t cry,” a friend said to me last week when I was feeling incredibly down about things. Even though I did cry and broke maybe the first rule of the club, I learned an important lesson. When one of us cries, all of us cry. 

Placements arrived on Wednesday and at last, I was one of two English majors without a school. I can’t even begin to describe my disappointment. You all know how badly I was waiting for that day only to leave empty-handed. Nonetheless, the amount of support received from everyone was overwhelming. So many of you said, “You can come to school with me!” It was this little bit that truly made me realize what an amazing bunch of friends and colleagues I have. When I finally received my placement on Friday as a lovely birthday from the field services office, all of you rejoiced with me. My happiness was shared with everyone. 

I know I don’t have much to say for this Monday blog post, but I must offer my deepest thanks to all. This semester would have been extremely lonely and unimaginably difficult without each of you; in fact, I’m not sure I’d still be in the program without your support. I’m so proud to be a part of such a tight knit group of education majors who cannot wait to get out into the real world and start making changes. But more importantly, I’m so honored to call each of you my friends. 

Good luck to all of you going out to schools this week and for those of you still pushing through the regular semester, know that there are only 29 school days left. Do well and make yourself proud! We’re here to carry you through the difficult days and celebrate the smallest victories.
Just take it one day at a time…

No comments:

Post a Comment