Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Little Train That Couldn't

Up until this exact moment, I didn't feel the pressures of this semester alike so many others of you. Literally minutes ago, I had a panic attack about it all. As the semester is coming to an end, I'm just realizing everything that I need to do. 
Here's the to-do list that stares me in the face every single day:
* I deleted the one bullet because it had student names written there. 

As if this isn't enough to stress me out, I have a separate post-it note that has a list of personal stuff. Buy Christmas gift for A, go to the grocery store for B, etc, etc, etc. In addition to my silly little lists of to-do's then I also have to stress over all the other things going on in my life right now.
And people, hellooooo, we have only 15 (yes, that's FIFTEEN) more school days... Am I the only person freaking out here?
How is it ever going to get done? And yet will I have any time just for me? I'll spend all day Tues, Weds and Thurs this week in the classroom and I can guarantee that just my drive home I'll be freaking out because I can't be busy attempting to get something else done on my checklist. DUDES, I AM STRESSIN' OUT.
I can normally handle stress pretty well but not when I'm adding another thing to a list to do and I haven't been able to cross anything else off the list. (And for some ridiculous reason, I have that education connection commercial jingle stuck in my head. This isn't helping my sanity!)
I know most every blog post I try to have a really positive message to send to you... but I can honestly say that I'm struggling to see the light at the end of this tunnel right now. I know I'll get there, because I always do. This train is chuggin' along realllll slow, but we'll get there...
I may not be able to share some good advice with you this week, but I have a pretty awesome red-headed friend who can. Thank you Liz! :)
Good luck guys... we can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment